Arthroscopic surgery is a minimally invasive operation that involves a general anesthetic and is done on an outpatient basis. It is mostly done to treat a torn meniscus or a torn cartilage. However, although the most common ones, these aren’t the only conditions treated through a knee arthroscopy. There are a few others that call for arthroscopic surgery,
On the one hand, where India continues to struggle with diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular diseases, on the other, yet another health condition has surfaced – decreased bone density. Osteoporosis, as it is popularly known, is a disease characterized by bone-thinning and the weakening of bones. It affects the bones to the extent that a slight impact can cause them to break,
In simple terms, an infodemic arises when excessive amount of information makes the problem harder and difficult to find a solution. In a COVID 19 world, this has become a reality, the sources of information have expanded beyond traditional methods of newspaper, tv news to Twitter, WhatsApp. The amount of information circulated through these sources has increased and so has the reachability of information.
Patients with recurring pain, due to degenerative
disease, herniated disc, overgrowth of bone and spinal nerve compression, are
often considered for spinal surgery. And today, doctors are increasingly
suggesting that patients opt for minimally invasive spine surgery over
conventional back surgery.
Minimally invasive spine surgery or MISS offers many
benefits to patients requiring surgical intervention in their spinal cord.
Heart attack Vs Sudden Cardiac Arrest :Understanding The Difference
Y.A.K.‐YOUNG ARTHRITIC KNEE:
- patient Age : 25 to 45 yrs
- Cause- commonly post traumatic :
- Ligament instability which has not been treated or in- adequately treated
- Mal-united intra-articular fractures
- Cartilage injury
IMPACT OF ARTHRITIS IN YOUNG PATIENTS
Knee Pain/Osteoarthritis can have an impact on
- FUNCTIONAL ACTIVITIES
- SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
- BODY IMAGE
- EMOTIONAL WELLBEING
- SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS
- Age 40 ‐ A reality check for smokers.
- If you’re a smoker, it’s time to take this seriously and stop it by whichever way, shape or form.
- Quitting is not easy, but, it will decrease the incidence of everything bad that you can think of, from heart attacks to heart disease,
- Reboot your brain with power naps!!
- Nodding off for 15‐30 minutes maximum at work doesn’t mean you are lazy. On the contrary, it helps enhance memory and reduce stress.
- A Harvard University study ‐ A mid day snooze reverses information overload
- A NASA study ‐ Napping helps you focus better by improving your ability to focus on one task while holding other tasks in memory.
- Vitamin D is synthesized in the body when it is exposed to sunlight.
- Studies have linked vitamin D deﬁciency with increased risks of osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease, cancers, mulNple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthriNs and type 1 diabetes.
- British Medical Journal. Vitamin D deﬁciency is causing severe bone loss in adults across
Urosurgery is the medical specialty that involve surgical procedures for treatment of various conditions related to reproductive and urinary organs.The department of urosurgery is committed to providing patients with quality care based on its expertise in urology, good communication, and a genuine concern for the patient’s well being.