Dr. Ramesh Ranka
About Dr. Ramesh Ranka – Dr. Ramesh Pukhraj Ranka was born in the year 1968. He hails from the family of reputed jewellers that have enormous presence throughout Maharashtra. Having great affinity towards academics, Dr.Ranka studied hard to excel in school and then in college. Dr.Ranka had a strong inclination towards medicine and completed Masters in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Diploma in Orthopaedics (Mumbai)
- Master in Orthopaedic Surgery (K.I.M.S)
- Fellowship in Joint Replacement Surgery (Sydney)
- Fellowship in Sports & Arthroscopy Surgery (Singapore)
- I.C.O.E Fellowship (Germany)
- Member of Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association
- Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Member of Indian Society of Hips & Knee Surgeons
- Gold medal in MS (Orthopaedics)
- Special award for scoring the highest marks amongst all the candidates appearing for Masters degree in all surgical streams combined.
His medical career began with several visits to small villages around Pune and to large corporate hospitals. In the year 2000, he started his own hospital with 15 beds. Gradually it increased to 101 beds with 16 ICU beds, making it one of the largest private owned hospitals in Pune city. Apart from accreditation by I.S.O 9001:2008, it is recognized by the Quality Council of India & Ministry of Health (New Delhi) as a specialty center for Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement Surgery. He is the Medical Director and Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon at Ranka Hospital and is also the Chairman of Ranka Medical Foundation.