About Dr. Ramesh Ranka –
Dr. Ramesh Pukhraj Ranka was born in the year 1968. He hails from the family of reputed jewellers that have enormous presence throughout Maharashtra. Having great affinity towards academics, Dr.Ranka studied hard to excel in school and then in college. Dr.Ranka had a strong inclination towards medicine and completed Masters in Orthopaedic Surgery. Presently, he is one of the best orthopedic doctor you can find in India.
Dr. Ramesh Ranka
- Diploma in Orthopaedics (Mumbai)
- Master in Orthopaedic Surgery (K.I.M.S)
- Fellowship in Joint Replacement Surgery (Sydney)
- Fellowship in Sports & Arthroscopy Surgery (Singapore)
- I.C.O.E Fellowship (Germany)
- Member of Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association
- Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Member of Indian Society of Hips & Knee Surgeons
- Gold medal in MS (Orthopaedics)
- Special award for scoring the highest marks amongst all the candidates appearing for Masters degree in all surgical streams combined.
His medical career began with several visits to small villages around Pune and to large corporate hospitals. In the year 2000, he started his own hospital with 15 beds. Gradually it increased to 101 beds with 16 ICU beds, making it one of the largest private owned hospitals in Pune city. Apart from accreditation by I.S.O 9001:2015, it is recognized by the Quality Council of India & Ministry of Health (New Delhi) as a specialty center for Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement Surgery. He is the Medical Director and Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon at Ranka Hospital and Chairman of Ranka Medical Foundation. He is also one of the best orthopedic doctor in Pune.
From the Director, Dr. Ramesh Ranka’s desk
We at Ranka Hospital endeavor to provide an atmosphere that promotes quality, compassion and caring as well as respect for confidentiality. We work in a manner that results in a sense of accomplishment and pride for all employed at the hospital. We aspire to give affordable medical aid so that good and healthy life does not remain as the privilege of the few. Let us be your healing agents.
Awards and Social Work
- Awarded Doctor of the year award by Pune Congress Committee in 2008.
- Declared Icon of next gen of Pune by DNA group of news paper.
- A staunch believer of Jainism & has made repeated efforts & continues to do so to promote vegetarianism amongst all the patient & doctors.
- He is serving as Vice-President of National Jain Doctor Federation.
- He successfully organized JDICON 2008 where 999 Jain doctors from Pune and surrounding region participated.
- He successfully organized National Jain Doctor Conference In 2011 where 2600 Jain doctors from all over the country participated for 2 days. The theme was “Modern Medicine, Science & Jainism” for ‘Global Health & Peace’ under the guidance of Gurudev NAYPADMASAGARJI MAHARAJSAHEB.
Ranka Hospital has a dedicated team of orthopedic surgeon and one of the best orthopedic doctors in Pune. Ranka Medical Foundation also manages a nursing college recognized by Indian Nursing Council, where training is imparted to students of the weaker strata of the society in order to empower them to become nurses.