Why Most of the People Suffer from Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder pain is a common condition that affects millions of people worldwide. Shoulder pain and its causes vary from person to person. While some suffer from it due to an injury, some experience it on account of arthritis, spinal issues, bursitis, etc. This article explores some of the most common causes of shoulder pain and glances through shoulder pain treatment.
The Anatomy of Shoulders
Shoulders are the most movable joints. But their mobility makes them unstable and hence prone to injuries. The various layers of shoulders include the bones (collarbone, shoulder blade, and the upper arm bone), joints (sternoclavicular joint, shoulder joint, and acromioclavicular joint), ligaments, acromion, tendons, bursa, muscles, and the rotator cuff.
5 Reasons that make Most of the People Suffer from Shoulder Pain
Look at some of the most common causes that make many people experience shoulder pain to varying extents.
- Frozen Shoulder: Frozen shoulder constitutes one of the most common causes that result in shoulder pain in many people. It is also known as adhesive causalities and occurs on account of inflammation in the lining of the capsule of the ball socket joint. It results in the thickening and tightening of the capsule and creates discomfort.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is another common cause of shoulder pain. It is characterized by swelling and tenderness of joints and occurs mostly in middle-aged and senior citizens. Arthritis isn’t necessarily subject to an injury, and in a lot of cases, has to do more with the wear and tear that progresses with time.
- Fracture caused by injury: Injuries leading to fractures also result in shoulder pain. Depending on the intensity of the injury, and the individual’s bone health, in some people, the problem occurs immediately after the injury, and in some, the pain is experienced after a certain age, precisely when the bones start weakening. Therefore, fractures demand immediate medical intervention to avoid shoulder pain in the long and the short run.
- Spinal Issues: Surprised? Well, there’s no reason to be surprised, as in many cases, cervical spine and disc issues may be the root cause of shoulder pain. So, if you’ve got shoulder pain, ensure that you have your spine diagnosed as well.
- Bursitis: Bursa is a fluid-filled sac that provides cushioning between the area of friction between tissues such as the tendons and the bones. Bursitis occurs when the tendonitis and impingement syndrome results in inflammation of the bursa sac that protects the shoulder.
How to Treat Shoulder Pain?
The treatment significantly depends on the cause of the pain. However, some of the common shoulder pain treatments include the following.
- Undergoing physical therapy
- Modifications in the lifestyle and activities
- Giving enough rest to the shoulder
- Injecting anti-inflammatory steroids
Whenever you experience shoulder pain. Do not delay the treatment. Consult your doctor immediately, and get the appropriate treatment based on the cause of shoulder pain. Do not go for any treatment on your own!
Connect with Ranka Hospitals for the Best Shoulder Pain Treatment in Pune
Ranka Hospital is a leading hospital in Pune for the orthopedic treatment. The hospital comprises expert and extensively experienced orthopedic consultants and surgeons for the best shoulder pain treatment.
Ranka Hospital provides appropriate diagnosis and shoulder pain treatment based on the cause, medical condition, age, etc., of shoulder pain in the individual. It leverages the best surgical and non-surgical treatments to ensure the best results. For appointments, call Ranka at 020 2426 1600.